<VV> welding in new door pillar support

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sat Dec 6 07:02:18 EST 2008

Good advice!

I would make the hinge pillar patch first
and make it much bigger than I thought I would need.
Then cut out JUST the hinge pillar and then make the new
hinge pillar reinforcement, cut out the old, working my
way in.  I would drill a couple of small common alignment
holes in each panel then I would start with the inner
most piece and work my way back out trimming each
replacement piece to fit in the hole and welding in
place as I went.
Ken P