<VV> Electrical problem... maybe, probably.

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 18:58:25 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/6/2008 3:21:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

we have electricity going to the coil when the key is in the start  position
and the starter is engaged, but no apparent spark from the top of the  coil.
No electricity is evident when the key is in the on  position.

 1`  no elect. when key is in ON  position...   Ballast wire is broken, not
connected  [ 2 wires on Coil + !! ]  you  should have 6-9 vdc  in ON  12  when
cranking.

2   Points are not grounding to dist.   ETC..

 TEST:

  Remove wire from Coil - [ neg]

 Jump 12 vdc to Coil + [ pos]

  With another jumper.. Coil - to Ground!      when you lift that wire off
the metal.. you should have a spark! [ simulates  points!]

  NEXT, if that worked...

 use your meter to test the points !    OHMS   while cranking.

ps  how many of your Clubbies does it take to change a  lightbulb???  LOL!

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.