<VV> timing plate markings

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 08:48:53 EST 2008

Back when I could get Sunoco 260, I ran my '67 a/c convert at 24 degrees
advance, per shop manual, and it ran with no knock (ever) and like a
scalded dog. It would blow the doors off a lighter, non-a/c '67 Monza coupe
I had at that time. Both were 110 glides.

I don't know what they did different in those '67 cars, but it was the
best. They've consistently proven to me to be the hottest running Corvairs
I've ever owned (and I've owned a dozen '67's over the years, and two dozen
of other years.) And with air and run with some GOOD gas and at the shop
manual-recommended 24 degrees advance, they ran even better.

Simply put, '67's RULE!

-Mark

on AC cars wasn't all that far removed from std...