<VV> Greenbrier heater at 10 degrees

David Houston judgehouston at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 22:17:41 EST 2008

Well I rebuilt the fiberglass plenum which was half gone when I got the van, with fiberglass and bondo. I fabricated a plenum/fan motor connection with two pieces of gutter extension joints made from pvc. The last thing was to block off the rear compartment vent with styrofoam in such a way to deflect the heat into the forward duct. The end result is that I have very good defrost and floor heat. Just not at the same time. I replaced the vinyl bench seat with a cloth one out of a dodge van. To keep the heat in the front area I've also hung a drape type material behind the front seat.  That really was an improvement. we had a wind chill today of about 5-10 degrees above 0.   I'm still thinking of putting in a small wood burning stove in the rear.  Just bolt her in and away we go!. I have a set of chains for whats coming. It does good with the studs, but I remember the chains were the way to go. We have high crowned roads in Maine which can be
 treacherous for some one not used to them.