<VV> Ceramic Bearings for Blower & Idler Applications

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Dec 8 15:39:23 EST 2008

"...Are any the right size?  If not, you're wasting your time  thinking about
it...RonH..."

Well, Ron, I don't know, but that's  what I was asking. As bearing I.D.
numbers are fairly universal across  bearing manufacturers, if someone would supply
the blower and the idler  bearing I.D. number (from off the bearings), I'd be
happy to research and get  back to the group. But, before I "fly to the moon
in an entirely different  rocket ship," I'm also asking if someone has already
looked into this whole  ceramic bearing issue. I believe it was Dr. Demming
(of Total Quality Management  fame) who coined the phrase: "The definition of
insanity is doing the same thing  over and over but expecting a different
outcome." Applied to us Corvairers: if  we want to increase reliability of our old
machines, then we need to be willing  to think outside the box and apply new
technology whenever possible...  that's my motive, here.

Mike Mauro

**************Stay in touch with ALL of your friends: update your AIM, Bebo,
Facebook, and MySpace pages with just one click. The NEW AOL.com.
(http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000012)