<VV> Ceramic blower bearings

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 10:15:39 EST 2008

The Corvair blower bearing and idler pulley bearing are basically water
pump bearings where the shaft is the inner race and the bearing is
assembled around it.  I spent 37 years in the machine tool business
designing products with bearings and I don't know of any ceramic bearing
manufacturer making a water pump style bearing.  They are used mainly in
high speed machine tool spindles where you are talking 20,000 RPM and up
where lubrication is an issue.  These bearings are ultra expensive and
we couldn't afford to use them even if they were available.
Clark Hartzel