<VV> [FC] FC Transverse Spring

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Mon Dec 15 09:36:33 EST 2008

???? The 64 leaf spring took about 40% of the weight of the car, therefore the coil springs had less capacity to compensate for the leaf. If you just add the leaf spring to what you have in the FC, you will more than likely have a very ill handling FC with the wheels already tucked in. As to how far to modify your existing springs to work with that? It is going to be trial and error on your part as I don't think there is any info on that situation.
??? As far as the different rear springs side to side on a 64 I think they were trying to compensate for the offset of the engine and trying to make the car set level.
????? I have to ask, why are you trying to put the leaf spring under an FC? The ADDCO sway bar will do more for you that the leaf ever though of.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com