<VV> 64 leaf spring bolts size/gotter dun!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 00:02:03 EST 2008

Hey guys,
Just a note to say I have the 64 back home... thanks Doug and Frank for the
info... I ended up finding a "pre-packaged assortment" of GM Starter Bolts.
Three bolts, 3/8-16, in lengths 1 7/8, 3 5/8, and 4 5/8, but my only concern
was  the fact of them being Grade 5... it was a Grade 8 that broke, and of
course the  bushing in the spring was MIA (lost due to the snapping of the bolt, at
the  second thread)... I'll be contacting the vendor and see if I can get a
replacement set, but I really don't want to drive the car with a grade 5 bolt
and a nylock nut with no bushing... it was stressful enough driving the 17
miles  back to my house with Cheryl following me.
:-)
BTW, the starter bolt set was $4.29... the nylock nut was free...
:-)
They had more people stop in during the day to ask about the Corvair than
they had most of the week. Go figure!
I just had to drive the Corvair today, though... it got up to 69 degrees,
breaking the old record of 67 set back in the 1880s.... but it's supposed to be
back to the more "seasonable" temps and highs in the 20s by Sunday...
Thanks again everyone.... and if you're ever in the same pinch, the part
number is 456403 and the brand name is "Needa" from "Needa Parts Mfg".... but
like I said, it's Grade 5, and it SHOULD be Grade 8.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon  Anderson
White Mills, KY
CORSA, Derby City Corvair, Corvanatics
1961  Greenbrier 110/pg
1963 Greenbrier 95/4spd
1964 700 95/pg (resting safe at  home)

In a message dated 12/19/2008 7:09:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,