<VV> Craftsman Tools

John Dozsa jdozsa at carr.org
Sat Dec 20 00:20:31 EST 2008

Craftsman tools are currently manufactured by Danaher Tool Group, Hunt
Valley, Maryland.  Danaher is a very large tool manufacturer, their
brands include Allen, Armstrong, Gear-Wrench, Holo-Krome, Ideli, K-D
Tools, Matco Tools, Sata and Spine Gauges.  Sata tools are China based.
They sell virtually all the Craftsman tools with Sata names on them.
They have the same lifetime warranty.  On occasion Danaher design
engineers have brought new prototype tools to my local Sears store, for
demo purposes.  I suspect the Craftsman tools with made in USA labels
are made by Armstrong in Chicago and Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Made in
China labeled tools are likely made by Sata.  See:
http://www.danaher.com/business/strategic_detail.asp?key=12

John