<VV> OK, now what?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 15:13:36 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/20/2008 3:10:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vairmike at sbcglobal.net writes:

Jay,

Check the points to make sure they are opening. I once was  driving down
the road and the car just quit for no apparent reason. After  doing some
troubleshooting I discovered there was no spark. Checking a  little more
I discovered the points weren't opening.

Mike  Kost

My experience a couple of times as well.  The distributor cam lube  really is
necessary for maximum life for the points.  Points used to come  with a
little capsule of the stuff in the package--but I stocked up about ten  years ago
on points and maybe the manufacturers don't supply it now.

Bob
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.