<VV> VW Diesel defense, sort of

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 17:37:54 EST 2008

Hey guys,
My 91 Jetta is a diesel... one of 935 ECOdiesels made that year. She's got
283K miles on her, and still going strong. I use it as a "back-up car" when I
need to go somewhere in bad weather or if the 64 sedan needs to sit for a
while,  such as now as I wait for some leaf spring bolt parts.
The ECOdiesel has a turbo, but it doesn't have the turbo injector pump, and
at one time it had a convertor of some sorts. It will cruise at 80 and I've
been  able to squeeze 50 MPG out of it this summer (but NOT by going 80)... I
think I  average about 42 mpg in the summer and 37 in the winter. I've never
timed a 0-60  start, but it will get up and scoot when needed...
The non-turbo diesels were always slugs, though....
:-)
Later,
Lonzo

In a message dated 12/20/2008 5:29:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,