<VV> In Praise of Ebay - Corvair Content

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 23 16:30:55 EST 2008

I will say that I've had two bad Ebay purchase experiences.  One, after much
determination, resulted in a refund by Paypal.  The other, some bad computer
memory, was handled in excellent fashion by the seller.

I will say that I absolutely love Ebay for buying hard to find Corvair
parts.  There are some things I've picked up that I would have searched for
endlessly in swap meets and never come across.  I've got about 20 standing
daily email searches and I wait paitently for the items I'm interested in to
show up, and eventually almost everything has, one way or another.

The latest example was only yesterday.  When my Dad moved, he gave away his
record collection, including an album he used to wake us up to when we were
kids, called "Hot Rods and Dragsters in HiFi". (it's all short tracks of
early Hemi dragsters circa 1959 doing their burnouts and then taking off
down the track)  For sentimental reasons I really wanted that record, so I
put a standing search up on Ebay a few months ago.  A few came up called
"Hot Rods and Dragsters in Stereo", but that wasn't the same thing damnit.
So yesterday, I scored the proper "in Hi-Fi" for only $9.99.

Ebay allowed that seller to find the one guy in the whole world that was
looking for that very record, otherwise, I suspect it would have sat in his
collection/store just gathering dust.

Regards,
Joel