<VV> Heater shroud question

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 09:41:21 EST 2008

Bill,
I've seen some 61 shrouds that were "one piece" where they are normally two
pieces... for what it's worth. And there's the road draft tube hole on the
60-62s also, but that can be plugged.
Will they fit? Sure... will they work? Sure..... I'm not sure of his skill
level, but he might be looking for a "bolt-up-with-no-modifications" kind of
thing.... some may see swapping out the short t-stat rod for the long one as a
pain...
Me? Bailing wire and duct tape have kept me on the road when a "regular"  guy
would call the garage.
:-)
Y'all have a Merry Christmas!
Lonzo

In a message dated 12/24/2008 9:27:38 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lechevrier at earthlink.net writes:

>Don't forget that the earliest lower shrouds were  ...

... were on the earliest cars, which I believe were the  1960 models
which had no rear doors, nor no thermostat mounted to the  shroud --
maybe Ron could clarify his reasoning for us?  Ron  ...

Thanks,

Bill Strickland,  Caveman
the property
of  the writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options:  http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs