<VV> Economic Downturn

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 11:07:03 EST 2008

 Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?
Will you attend your "Normal" Covair Meets?
Will you complete the 2009 projects you planned 6 months ago?
Do you see this as an "opportunity" to add to your fleet?
Will you DRIVE your Corvairs, More or Less?
==========================Smitty Says:  Can't say economics has changed much for me.  Even the price of gas was of small importance on whether I did something or not, even though I am on a limited income.  Mostly my personal gas supply had more effecton my decisions, as I seem to run out of gas quite easily.Probably still attend any meets I want to, and of course any activities voted on by my Chapter.The few projects I planned will likely go on as scheduled.  Rebuilding a PG for the Wagon and finding Spike's lost "boost".Also a new set of pistons, bearings, and cam for Spike.The fleet has gone from 5 to 3 and may even get rduced again .It's that "gas" thing again.  If I can't keep it "up" I shouldn't keep it.  Otherwise I guess I will do what I want to do, and can do.My profound sympathy to those caught in the result of corporate greed.