<VV> Heater shroud followup

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Wed Dec 24 11:07:27 EST 2008

Thx for responses...long story short, I attempted removal yesterday - All bolts came off easily except at rear damper door area. couldn't figure out how to remove so ended up putting everything back for now. Someone suggested I keep removing bolts til shrouds come out but I'd rather have something resembling an actual strategy. I hv shop and assembly manuals - does anyone know what page(s) cover the lower shrouds?  I couldn't find it.

Also, the muffler side lower shroud has a 1" pre-cut hole on bottom sheet metal - looks factory. Any ideas what this is for?  My 164 shrouds don't hv this and seems like I'd be losing heat out this hole.

Thx
Rod
64 brier w non-original "ZK" engine (meaning 145 98 or 102 hp).

Happy holidays!