<VV> sleeve-type valves

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 14:34:54 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/22/2008 5:11:34 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net writes:

I'm  reading an article on the 1930 Willys-Knight in an old SIA mag, and a
sidebar  mentioned that the Corvair was initally considering using sleeve valves
in the  engine. I never heard of this. Any truth to this?

Harry  Yarnell

Hi Harry,
I havd never heard of this before....and really doubt that it is true for
the Corvair. There are just too many limitations and problems with sleeve-type
valving. No current automotive engine to my knowledge has used these since the
 1930s-40s.
Regards,
Bob Helt
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.