<VV> Greenbrier runs great in Maine winter

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 14:45:05 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/26/2008 11:49:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
judgehouston at yahoo.com writes:

It took  about 5 miles to warm up the closed off front seat area to a
constant 50  degrees F. The FC produces great heat when climbing  hills.

Take the time to block off the center fresh air grill like Chevy did with a
plastic panel and control lever on the last of the FCs.  Less cold air
leaking in.  The biggest challenge to a FC heater in my experience is all  the
exposed interior metal that stays cold.  I'm sure the deluxe interior  panels
helped, but on the few occasions when I have used the '64 Brier (non  deluxe) in
winter (clear dry roads, and no salt, rain or snow for days) it is  not unusual
for frost to form on the inside of doors some places.   The last time we used
it to get a "cut your own" Christmas tree (ten years  ago!!) we had blankets
for all three kids.

Bob Hall
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.