<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 47, Issue 73

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 17:09:11 EST 2008

Gas in oil--when it's a good thing: In our late 60s C-124C missions to the
Great White North of Thule/Sondestrom (outta Dover AFB), injecting avgas
into the oil (50 gal/engine) was what you did at engine shutdown to insure
that in the morning, those beeg twenty-eight cylinder R4360s would turn
over. Next day the heat from taxi, takeoff and climbout would boil off the
gasoline. :)))

Phil Brandt
Austin, TX

"Car sat for about 4 weeks on the ramp to the garage, nose up hill. Today I
started some routine maint on it and when It it started,?it it pumped
oil/gas out the breather and the usual places. The dip stick says I have
about 6 quarts of? "oil".