<VV> too much trans fluid causing an ominous knock?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 23:58:08 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/27/2008 1:19:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jhebrink at anvilcom.com writes:

My  question is, could overfilling the transmission cause a low end  "knock".

Jedd,
May I suggest that you get a few Corvair people to listen to your knock.
Because there are knocks and then there are other knocks. And what is a low-end
knock? low end of the rpm range? or low end of the engine? So what is
knocking?  Is it metallic like a con rod? Or is it more likely just detonation (bad
spark  knock)?

If it is detonation, then first thing to check is the modulator. If that
leaks trans fluid into the engine, it will detonate. So check or replace the
modulator first. And please don't tear into the engine or tranny until you've
got a pretty good idea of the cause.
Regards,
Bob Helt
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.