<VV> too much trans fluid causing an ominous knock?

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 28 12:44:15 EST 2008

Hi Jedd, the transmission thing is normal, the engine thing is not.
The "knock" could be a number of things, but with the accompanying loss of
power, a lot fewer things. When you did your rebuild did you reuse the
original pistons? They have a habit of breaking at the oil ring groove
causing the top to come right off. If it's not that, I'd bet on a dropped
valve seat.
So do a compression test before you pull the engine. My guess is you'll find
one hole with zero and only have to pull one head off.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun