<VV> Trans Oil To High

Larry Ratliff thedove151 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 20:12:35 EST 2008

Thanks Ernie!

I put a good running 140 in my 68 auto. Things were great for a few months when I was driving and messing with it. Got sidelined and it set a while and noticed a puddle of trans fluid under it. Didn't seem to leak while driving but when parked a while a puddle would show again. Instead of pulling the engine and replacing the trans seal I will fire it up again (I've been gone 2 years) see if thats it. It seemed to leak from the bell housing area but I could'nt imagine it holding fluid while running and then dumping it when parked. I'll check around the shifter cable this time.
I assume replacing the shifter cable seal will fix it?

Thanks again.
Larry Ratliff
thedove151 at yahoo.com