<VV> rotor/point interferance

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 29 13:02:13 EST 2008

 I just noted an interesting situation. While setting the point gap, I put the rotor on the shaft and noted it touched the movable part of the points. It was enough  to offset the points and this was not acceptable. The temp solution was to put a 45 degree chamfer on the bottom of the rotor to clear the points.

 Anybody else notice this? Probably just a combination of tolerances with the points I was using and the length of the rotor. This would not be noticed if the plastic shield was put on first before the rotor. Just something to think about.  This was a tight Dale rebuilt distributor plate, no slop.
 MIKE KOVACS