<VV> Installing Rear Coil Springs

Gregory Popp gregory.popp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 22:05:36 EST 2008

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on how to install rear coil springs on a late
model ('68).  The spring compressor I rented from the local parts store will
not work as it requires access to its screw from along the coil spring's
center axis - something a Corvair does not allow with its upper "cone" and
the lower "bump".

I have thought about removing the lower rear strut and the half-shaft to see
if I can pivot the torque arm away from the upper spring mount in an effort
to gain more room but I do not know if this will help.

Thanks,

Gregory Popp