<VV> average age of a car in this country

hugh hugpeg at embarqmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:58:09 EST 2008

I read recently that the average age of a vehicle in this country is 9.2 years which surprised me.  This would mean that the Feds would be trying to get rid of 50% of the cars on the road.  I live in rural eastern North Carolina and I can attest to the age of vehicles in our area. There are a huge number of 80'a vehicles here that are in wonderful condition.  No rust leaves a nice car.  Put huge rims and thin tires and you have a version of a pimpmobile.  Where do they think our less well off fellow citizens are going to get the funds to buy something newer.  What we need to do is replace all representatives that have been there more then 10 first.  2 of my three Corvairs are in better shape visually and operationally then most of them.
They tried this in England and it did not work out well.