<VV> Corvair sighting

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Tue Dec 30 19:22:38 EST 2008

Joanne and I were baby sitting our two grandsons today and decided to
take them to a movie.  We went to see "Bedtime Stories" with Adam
Sandler.  In the opening scene a late Corvair convertible is shown in
front of Adam's father's motel.  It was a nice looking dark blue or
purple color.  Anybody know the owner?
Regardless of the Corvair, the movie was a hoot and I highly recommend
it.  Take your kids!
Now concerning old car scrappage laws, just because the government gives
you a tax break or a cash buyout to take your old car to a junkyard does
not mean it will be scrapped!  For a while China was buying all the
scrap metal they could find but now the economy is in the dumpster and
scrap prices are going down.  The cars will probably be stored and
parted out just as they always have been!  The junkyard owners will do
whatever makes the most money.  Personally I think a lot of Corvair
owners who "are going to restore it someday" ought to give their cars to
junk yards so we can get our hands on them!
Clark Hartzel