<VV> Electri-fied life

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 14:16:25 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/31/2008 10:47:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca writes:

If I  bought a Tesla, I couldn't even make it home from the dealer.  That is
not the definition of a viable car!  You'd have to truck it around  like a
Sedgway.
RonH

I suppose you mean a Segway. I like computers, but I don't think I want to
ride one - at any speed.

I can't afford a Tesla. But it would be a great sports car for me. I have a
20 mile round trip to work and back. I could drive it over the hill to Santa
Cruz -a great drive, on the main highways. Local autocrosses are do-able.  And
I have other cars/truck to drive to Los Angeles or Palm Springs. But I  still
cannot afford it.

There was an early fully electric Sports Car called the P-Zero (as I
recollect). It was about the size of the Tesla, but not fully developed for  regular
use. It was designed to tow a small trailer for long trips.  The trailer had a
small gas-powered generator to charge the batteries on  board the car. Sort
of a modular designed Chevy Volt, where you bring the  generator portion along
only if you think you will need it. I saw an article in  Road & Track on it,
then the car appeared at a local autocross. Cool design,  not too practical.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette