<VV> Quiet towing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 14:52:14 EST 2008

At the SEMA show this year, I visited with one of the companies I talked
with last year. Softride Inc. from Washington State. While towing my Corvair a
bunch this year, I noticed the clank of the loading and unloading of the hitch
on the back of the truck. Whether towing a trailer or flat towing the car,
each  time I would let up the power, the clank would emanate from the hitch as
all the  play was removed. It would clank again when power was applied.
Although not  unsafe, it was, on occasion, unnerving. I purchased one of their
Quietride hitch  ball mounts for my receiver hitch on the Avalanche. It is kind of
hard to  describe, but the attachment method removes all play in the mount with
a wedge  action, resulting in a quiet tow. The ball mount also includes a
locking  mechanism for the pin, so you get to keep the quiet ride. They are
available in  Standard drop sizes and for the two-inch receiver hitch mounts.

I am not selling these, just passing along the info. The link below has a
much better description and, I believe a method to buy them. If you want more
info, drop me a note.

Have a QUIET New Year

_http://www.softride.com/towing-products/specifications/tightening_ball_mount_
lock_
(http://www.softride.com/towing-products/specifications/tightening_ball_mount_lock)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette