<VV> corsa to monza dash conversion

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Mon Feb 4 22:26:33 EST 2008

Charles said:
I finished restoring my complete 66' corsa dash. I'm getting ready to
install it in my 65' monza and move my powerglide control down to a gauge
consol with a transmission temp gauge. I sat down today to flip around the
wiring in the corsa dash harness to match my body's harness and thought I
might pose the question of asking if anyone's ever done a corsa to monza
dash conversion and if there were any things I needed to pay attentioni too
or be wary of before doing this.
Charles   2/4/08

Craig replies:
No real caveats, you just have to add the wiring to the body connector -
don't forget that you'll want to run a +12 wire from the fuse box to the
Corsa clock in addition to the thermister wire and tach wire.  Of course you
will have to extend the reverse and neutral safety wiring to your new
shifter location.

One thing you might want to consider: The Corsa Vacuum gauge is useless in
your application.  I wrote a tech tip a couple of years back in which I
outlined an undetectable (and reversible) modification that turns that gauge
position into an oil pressure gauge.  All you need to do outside of the dash
mod is to install a sending unit on the engine and one additional wire to
the front.  If you are interested, I can dig up the tip and email it to you.
Craig Nicol