<VV> 60-64 models

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:42:36 EST 2008

The best perfoming Corvairs for those years are the Monza Spyder, offered
from 62 to 64. They all have the 150 horsepower turbocharged engine, and as
far as I know are all 4-speed cars. They also are either  2-door club coupe
or convertible. 64 has an updated rear suspension with a transverse leaf
spring across the differential. 64 also has a larger engine (164 ci instead
of 145), even though the horsepower rating is the same as the earlier turbo
engine.

If you get a non-Spyder early Corvair, in '64 you could also get the 110
engine, regarded by many to be the best all-around Corvair engine.

Personally, I would stay away from the 80-horsepower engines, but most of
the other ones perform pretty well for an old car (of the non-muscle
variety).

Lonny