<VV> 60-64 models

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Wed Feb 6 13:13:22 EST 2008

---- Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net> wrote:
> I too would stay away from 80 hp if I wanted power and performance.
>
> But, for a quiet running, long running, dependable engine, the 80 is
> hard to beat.
>
> Except off the line! gggg
>
> Tony, isn't your 200,000 mile engine an 80?

Yep.   And id DID get off the line rather nicely, what with that mild camshaft that concentrated most power in the lower rpm area.

It's a great around-town engine, smooth and tractable and quick on the throttle, and its 95hp 164" cousin is pretty much similar in performance.

I have no issues with an early 80hp engine at all, not even that 140ci 80hp exclusive to the 1960 models.

tony..