<VV> Rudy's cars on ebay and reliabilty

DAN RORAFF djrcorvair at msn.com
Wed Feb 6 13:57:30 EST 2008

I know I'm a little behind but I had to comment.  Rudy also had a '85 Cadillac Deville which made it up to about $4000.  Only a slight premium over its real value.  Where with the Corvair, the same Rudy fans were willing to pay a huge premium. Neither one sold.  I think today since Rudy won't be our next president these cars are worth only there fair market value.  The person selling them I think made a big mistake.

As for reliability of Corvairs, in the early 80's I had a a Pontiac Astre (Chevy Vega) and my Corvair.  The Corvair was 11 years older and had three times the miles.  Things were always breaking or not working on the Astre, and used the Corvair often so I didn't have to walk.  The Corvair was a much better car in every category except the heater.  The heater core blew out on the Pontiac too!  About all I did on the Corvair was routine matainence.  My time and money budget was used up on the Pontiac, so the poor Corvair didn't get any restoration work until much latter.

Dan
65 Monza Convertible