<VV> new distributor is not the answer

sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net sharpiebandit06 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 6 17:43:50 EST 2008

Hey all,
   I've been having some mis-fire problems in my engine that has made it ask for more gas and not allowed me to to stop while in drive. I tried fixing the problem with a new rebuilt distributor from NAPA. They sell a completely rebuilt corvair distributor with new points and condensor complete for a little under $50 after core. I put that one in and I still can't get things to idle right. The dwells about right now and the idle stays around 850rpm in N, but when you come to a stop it still threatens to cut off on you...anyone have some ideas?

Charles   2/6/08
65' Monza 95hp powerglide