<VV> Reliability (NO CORVAIR) GM Ecotec News

MSYVairs at aol.com MSYVairs at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 11:35:18 EST 2008

Just released by GM:

Bill"Swamp-Rat"Hadley

*****************************

GM Will Add Variable Valve Timing To 2009 HHR  Ecotec 2.2L Engine

____________________________________
Source: General Motors Corporation

Photo: _http://autodeadline.com/detail?sourc...37042&mime=JPG_
(http://autodeadline.com/detail?source=&mid=WKA2008020637042&mime=JPG)

Quote:

The  2009 _Chevrolet HHR_
(http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60513#)  small _SUV_
(http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60513#)  will become the first four-cylinder model in General  Motors Corp.'s
North American lineup that can run on either gasoline or E85  ethanol.

GM North America President Troy Clarke unveiled the FlexFuel  Chevy HHR today
during a speech at the Midwest _Automotive_
(http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60513#)  Media Association breakfast, which opened press
days for the Chicago Auto Show.

"We will continue to make more of our  lineup FlexFuel-capable because we
believe ethanol, and specifically E85, is the  best near-term answer to reduce
our nation's dependence on oil as energy demand  rises here and around the
world," Clarke said.

"The _focus_ (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60513#)
needs to be on making E85 more available by  developing cellulosic ethanol
sources and dramatically increasing the number of  stations that offer E85," he
said.

The HHR will be available with an  Ecotec 2.2-liter or Ecotec 2.4-liter
four-cylinder engine, both of which will be  compatible with E85.

For the first time, the Ecotec 2.2L is equipped  with variable valve timing
(VVT), technology that assures precise opening and  closing of the valves and
accurate control of combustion gases to improve engine  performance and
efficiency.

The Ecotec 2.4L continues to offer  VVT.

48)