<VV> Corvair Convention activities

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 12 07:39:38 EST 2008

Excepts from the January and February Communiques (p21 both months)

All at the fairgrounds (tours start at fair)
Monday -- registration.  Concours Classification; vendor setup, Stock
Corvair Event (The SCG documents, looks at some several interesting factory
stock cars)  Welcom party with valve cover races
Tuesday - Concours,  Car Display;  two tours, Tech session
Wednesday - Econo-run  -- two tours
Thursday  Rally.   more tours
Friday -- Autocross;  Awards Banquet

(dry) RV Camping at the fairgrounds is available.  Some have hook ups but
Ultravans will be given priority for those.  Are other sites close by that
have hookups.   Great camping Convention.  Ocean is just a few meters aways.

Sunday before the convention,  CAR and NECC will host time trials at Willow
Springs Raceway (streets of Willow Springs)

Some Tours are discribed in the Feb Communique -- Monday to a Rocket Launch
base,  wine tasting in Santa Barbara; Santa Barbara tour (via train? ),
Nethercutt collection,  are some that I noted.
Oh,  and a beach party (pre sunset,  beach closes)  one evening.

tim mahler
in cold (but warm compared to Minnesota)  Illinois