<VV> CORSA National Membership

Eric Elliott corsa at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 16:37:14 EST 2008

I agree with Hank's comment here: I think all members of an official
CORSA chapter should be required to be CORSA members. As previously
stated, a lot of chapters wouldn't exist without the help from CORSA,
the insurance example is a good one. If you decided to start your own
local Corvair club, would you also want to buy insurance to protect you?

The other two national car clubs I am in, the Porsche Club of America
and the BMW Car Club of America, both require national membership. One
lets the local chapters collect their own dues (PCA) and the other
bundles it with the national dues (BMWCCA).

I think the PCA model would work best for CORSA.

- Eric Elliott
'65 Corsa 180/4 convertible
CORSA member since 1987

> Frankly, I believe the National By-Laws should be revised to REQUIRE
> CORSA membership of every member in a CORSA Chapter.  If that means
> numbers decrease, then so be it.  Keep your 10,000.00 fully restored
> Corvair and your too cheap to pay CORSA dues ass at home. Not paying
> CORSA dues is a detriment to the Chapters trying to put on events
> that the Cheapo wants to come to.
>
> **

Check out my garage at:
http://www.motortopia.com/corsa/cars

Also, check out PcarBlog: News for Porschephiles at:
http://www.PcarBlog.com