<VV> CORSA National Membership

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 13 22:11:39 EST 2008

I'd like to make a proposal on this subject, seeing that I'm treasurer of
the SCG and Prez/treasurer of the Air 'Vair Group.

Have a voluntary dues program offered to chapters. How it would work is as
follows:

Chapters so inclined would request that the national office handle the
collection of dues.

The national office would then put those chapters on a list printed on
every current national membership application (the cover of the CC, for
one) with their individual chapter dues.

People applying for or renewing national membership would simply add any
and all chapter dues listed on the app to their renewal total.

The national would collect those chapter dues, and every month (or
quarterly, or however often, on a regular schedule) the chapter(s) would
produce a newsletter, send said chapter(s) a check for dues collected and a
list of members for that month to the club treasurer and/or newsletter
editor. That list could even be sent as sheet(s) of sticky address labels.
Appropriate expenses for this could be automatically deducted from the dues
collected.

NOTE that there would be no further need to monitor participating chapters
for CORSA membership compliance, as this would be automatic. Chapters would
benefit by not having to press members for dues payments, and would not
have to maintain their newsletter mailing list. The national office, while
adding work, would be compensated automatically. This would especially be
of benefit to special interest chapters, as they would possibly pick up
members that they would not otherwise get. Even local clubs would find that
happening.

One of the national car clubs that I belong to does exactly this, but on a
mandatory basis, and has since its inception. The only reason CORSA would
have to make it voluntary is because some clubs feel "grandfathered" by the
current system. I know that, as two club treasurers, I would jump at the
chance to have this kind of dues collection service.

-Mar