<VV> CORSA

Richard/Gail Spiess spiessdg at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 19:07:03 EST 2008

I haven't been reading virtual vairs for the last few weeks so I was surprised to see all the griping about CORSA membership.
  Every organization I have ever belonged to has membership problems.  The main reason is that nobody recruits.  Each Club should have a CORSA membership person who can set at a table at each Club meeting and encourage Club members to sign up.  I think you would be surprised how many would do just that.  The usual answer when you ask someone why they have not joined an organization is "nobody asked me".
  Complaints about not being able to afford the dues are nothing but a cop-out.  If you can't afford the little bit of money for dues, then you should get out of the Classic Car business.
  Set up sign-up booths at local events that will be attracting potential members.  You don't have to drive a Corvair to belong to CORSA.  For those in Detroit, the local Club would do well to have a "booth" at the Autorama.  How about a CORSA display at the Dream Cruise?  We drive unique cars that attract attention from everyone.  Take advantage of this interest.  The Communique is an excellent magazine and I really appreciate it since I am mechanically ignorant.

  Dick Spiess