<VV> West Fla Corvair Lovers Holiday

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Feb 14 23:14:18 EST 2008

Smitty Says:  Think I will take a little run down there and get me some winter sunshine.  The Wagon and the Camper have been needing some exercise and it is only a thousand miles or so.  A note on something that the locals seem to have missed is that it is only a short distance over to Pensacola where the Naval Air Museum is located.  This is one of my favorite military museums and I don't think it is just cause I helped buy it.  Not only are war birds from back in the biplane days to present shown, but plenty of historic notes on individual and squardon heroism that bring water to your eyes.  My crew painted the F-11 Tiger that has the yellow lightning bolt from nose to tail the night before so the artist could have a perfect subject.  When he put the plane on canvas he painted in all the drain and air vent smudges and grease stains he saw on the other birds on the line.  Can anyone spell military intelligence.
  So yeah come on down.  Don't miss the Valve Cover race, as Spike Jr is going to put the wood to the National contender Corbear Angel that belongs to my wife.