<VV> any techy stuff going on?

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Thu Feb 14 23:34:52 EST 2008

---- N2VZD at aol.com wrote:
> anybody building anything corvair anymore? or just trying to fix  corsa?
> at least your hands stay clean.
> regards , dirty handed tim

Well, I have pulled the "Shark" (a Corvair Powered B-Mod racer) all apart.
http://members.cox.net/tkalp2/Shark.htm
Looks like I will have to cut the frame just in front of the seat and start over. Some people should not be near a welder and cutting torch.  Hope to have it ready to go for the Corvair Olympics in Indy this summer and at Marshalltown in the Fall.

Also trying to get the Cool Vanilla 65 Monza convert ready for Hear of Texas in April.  The top and seats have been completed, need to finish the paint and door panels on the interior and paint or powdercoat the engine compartment tin.

Tomorrow after work I will be cleaning up and making space in the shop for "Cold Tuna" the MCCA winter tuneup/tech day.

Terry Kalp