<VV> paint stripping

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Feb 16 08:20:27 EST 2008

I've never seen a wire wheel rated anywhere the RPMs my die grinder turns.
When one of those wires comes of at 20K rpms, it could do some damage.

Dennis

I use the small diameter wire wheels in my die grinder all the time but I
also wear eye protection and a face shield plus gloves. I have had small
bits of wire stuck in my face and hands before so use your best judgement.
The small wheels will disintegrate but do a good job in the hard to get to
areas.
Yes, the aircraft stripper will soften body filler but you want to remove
all that too so you can see any bad repairs and replace it with metal if
possible. It's amazing what people will use to back up body filler,
newspaper, Tshirt, tennis shoe, cardboard, roofing shingles and the list
goes on.
Another hint on using liquid stripper is, use some real heavy grit paper in
a DA sander to scratch the old paint first. This allows the stripper to get
under the surface and speed up the process. I just uploaded some photos of
my 65 being stripped and the tools I used.
Click here:  http://rides.webshots.com/album/562483446OTjsRX

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
Yenko Clone