<VV> - No Corvair - Super Tech Motor Oil - Luv My Pacifica - so long VW

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 11:25:43 EST 2008

Hi:

Oil keeps coming up.  I found an interesting site on Walmart oil.

The most interesting thing is the MSDS from Exxon / Mobile that says they make their 5 W 30 grade full synthetic.

Other manufacturers make other grades.

I know what oil I will be using and make mine 5W30 supertech. (1/2 the price of Mobil 1)

Here is the link on the Walmart supertech.

Scroll 1/2 way down to the link. I have a copy of the msds from Mobil if you want a copy.

http://www.rateitall.com/i-218610-wal-mart-super-tech-motor-oil.aspx

It has been since 1972 since I owned a Mopar. (Plymouth Fury)

We just bought a used 2007 AWD Touring Chrysler Pacifica. Made in Canada eH!

My 17 year old boy hit black ice last week with his moms 2000 Passatt wagon and got up and close to an oak tree. (side impact)

She needed a car pronto to get to work. What a way to come back into the Mopar fold. (need a paper route - just put $ 5 k into that VW - Timing belt, shocks, struts, oil leak, new front end)

Thank God he was wearing his seat belt and thank goodness for side impact air bags.

No one was hurt. The side mirror was imbedded into the tree. Rest in peace to our old VW.

I will miss that V6 with its 5 speed manual and monsoon sound. (Raido made by Delphi)

I have a digital pic of the Passat if you are interested.  That car is crash worthy. And it did not die in vain as my boy walked away with minor bumps and bruises. He started in his hockey game the next day.

The car is now off to the wrecking yard. The damage did not allow me to open the glove box to get at my NY state ezpass.

Love that german engineering.

Scared the crap out of me, so its time to buy a bigger car (4,700 pounds with a 5 star crash rating)

Regards, Garth