<VV> Survey - Western division

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sat Feb 16 21:29:57 EST 2008

I wrote some formulas in the Excl spread sheet we are using to track the surveys.  So far I have received 27 surveys.  These don't include anyone who filled out the survey online.

The mean average year to join is 1987.5, the median is 1986.5
The mean average member has been a member for 20.1 years, the median is 21 years
The mean average age is 62.3, the median age is 66.
85.2% of the respondents have children.
21.7% have children in school
59.3% have other car hobbies.
65.2% think all chapter members should be CORSA members.
28.0% think all CORSA members should be chapter members.
96.2% want the Communique in print
34.8% would accept a high quality electronic version
63.2% think they should pay the same for for the print version as people who receive the electronic version, but 87% would pay more.
$5.30 is the average price people would pay more for a print version.
97.3% like general interest articles, 100% like tech, 88.5 like the monthly columns, 96.3 like the classifieds, 100% like the calendar, 100% like the vendor listings.
58.3% want other ads. 22.2% want cleaning products, 42.3% want general automotive, 21.3% want tires.
58.8% want CORSA merchandise sold at more events besides the International convention

If you are in the west and you disagree with these numbers or agree and want to reinforce these results or agree with some and want to weigh in and on anything specific, fill out your survey and mail it in now.

Dennis Pleau
Western Division Director