<VV> Insurance

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 20 15:09:15 EST 2008

Geez, I really hate to bring this up again, and so, to keep the list
uncluttered would you reply off list, but I'm shopping for insurance
again.  I was with Hagerty until I was forced to use my car as a
daily driver.  I was extremely happy with the way they treated the
aftermath of the accident that I had this summer (not at fault with a
jerk without insurance).  I would like to go back with them out of a
sense of loyalty in addition to the knowledge of how they treat their
customers, but I'm always afraid to drive the car for any other
purposes than the stated ones in the contract (shows, ralleys,
meetings, conventions, etc.)  I would like to occasionally (I have a
third car for work, chores, etc.) drive it for other purposes - i.e.
just for the fun of the drive, without the concern that if something
happened that I wouldn't be covered.  I also have to consider the
price.  On the last policy, Hagerty was charging $150 for $10G of
coverage, which I need as I have that much or more invested in the
car.  My current insurance (full coverage bundled with the two other
cars) increased my premium by $327 per year.  I would appreciate any
possible solutions to this question.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Vice-President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110 PG  - Sierra Tan, Saddle, A/
C, AM/FM