<VV> Scholarship Applications

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 20 16:56:07 EST 2008

Surprisingly, there ARE some who have a full ride. My local lodge has had
such applicants, which is why we ask those questions. What do such students
do with the "extra" money? Probably have a helova party, that's what.

Are answers to such questions ever kept, distributed, etc.? NO. The only
ones who see that info are members of the selection committee, and
afterwards the info is destroyed. Besides, ALL apps have had the identity
of the student removed, to keep honest people honest. For the same reason,
selection committee members should be known only to themselves, to keep out
outside influences from possibly tainting the process. And as to the
answers being honest, well, no one is ever investigated for accuracy. After
all, how would that be done? Get serious. The word of the applicant is
taken as being honest enough.

-Mark

scholarship go to someone what actually needs the money.

> Now I pose return questions....
> Are there many kids going though the process that don't need the money?
> Who on the CORSA Scholarship Board do I have to prove my need to?
> How do I have to do that?
> Can you just take my word that I don't have the tution sitting in a
savings account or am I going to have to provide tax returns, W-2s or other
documentation?

> Guess that would cut down on the number of applications....After all,
we're not talking about a full ride.

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/