<VV> Frank Winchell Memorial Corvair Scholarship

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:13:42 EST 2008

I'll vote with the Prez now that I see the definition, not cause he's the Prez, but just to be argumentative :D

No, keep it merit based.Barry Ellison
Glad we all have the ability to have an opinion > Subject: <VV> Frank Winchell Memorial Corvair Scholarship> > That is the official name. It has also been called the CPF Scholarship and > the CORSA Scholarship. It is funded by a dedicated CPF scholarship fund not > general CPF donations.> > The current Rules> Award Critiria> Eligibility -- CORSA Member in good standing or child, grandchild, ward of a > member in good standing> Must be high school senior or graduate (or GED )> Scholarship - must have at least a 3.0 grade point avg (scale of 4.0) or > equivalent.> show evidence of scholastic achievement and potential> Character Applicant must exhibit high standards of personal conduct and > responsibility> Leadership applicant should be able to demonstrate capacity to provide > direction and guidance in activities both in school and community> > In Short - A MERIT Scholarship not a needs based grant.> > I personnally think adding financial needs diminishes the merits -- How do > you weigh a top merit person against financial need?> > I say NO to including financial information on the Winchell Corvair > Scholarship. Keep it Merit Based> > There are many Needs based grants as well as many Merit (only) > Scholarships. One is not necessarily better than the other. Adding need > to a merit scholarship means someone like myself would have had to choose > between making money for myself or doing extra curricular activities -- i > did the former, and worked through college. Got some Merit Scholarships > through work to help the first year or two.> > tim mahler> _______________________________________________> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are the property> of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America, http://www.corvair.org/> Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org> Change your options: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs > _______________________________________________