<VV> Scholarship Applications

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 21 13:35:10 EST 2008

Bill,

If all we are after is "to generate goodwill and promote interest and
membership in our club" then we would probably get more milage out of the
money by taking out ads in Hemmings, co-sponsoring a  major car event, or
some other PR effort. Certainly just giving away the money, particularly to
someone who doesn't need the money (like self-admittedly YOUR kids, Bill)
would be to just sponsor one individual's private "party" fund. Waste,
waste, waste.

In that case, why have the scholarships in the first place?

-Mark