<VV> LM door hinges

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Thu Feb 21 19:07:32 EST 2008

    It is not a bolt on but, I installed 67 doors on a 65 body, using the 65 hinges (aluminum ones). I think 65 are the same as 66. Needs some relocation on upper nuts in the door. Lower hinge was modified reaming up the lower hole and making a new one. Two bolts used (instead of three) at the lower hinge. 67-69 hinges don't fit the 65 (66 too ?) body. My modification could take 2 hours per door.

   Can send pictures at request.

Daniel

<<My 66 Corsa rear engine V8 project is in for paint and the replacement driver door turns out to be a 67-69. Of course, I don't have the hinges for a 67-69.

My question is...if I find the hinges to fit the new door, will the hinges then fit the 66 body? or did they change both sides of the hinge? >>