<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 69

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 05:34:01 EST 2008

JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

> If it's GE, it ain't E code!!

okay, I screwed up on not getting the subject line changed, but as for
the GE & E-code thing, I'll leave you to argue with GE -- leave me out
of it.  Somehow I assume they know what their product is and that they
probably aren't misleading anyone -- if they are, sue them, not me!

http://www.gelighting.com/eu/product_portfolio/automotive/faqs.htm#1

1. What does E-mark mean?

Lamps conform to European legal regulations. GE lamps have E1 mark -
approved in Germany. Lamps without the E-approval are prohibited for use
on roads within Europe. Make sure that you use always quality products.
GE is a supplier also of  largest car manufacturers all over the world.

And maybe the lights I refered to weren't X-anything (remember the ?)?
Maybe they were Megalight Plus --
http://www.gelighting.com/eu/resources/literature_library/automotive/downloads/new_ge_megalight50_60mod.pdf
-- and maybe not ...  they came on when I turned the switch, and that
was a big imporvement over the bulbs they replaced (I'd just bought the
car).

Bill Strickland