<VV> VV and CORSA membership

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Fri Feb 22 23:26:40 EST 2008

As a long time member of the VV's (1994) and someone who is involved in CORSA politics I would guess about 75% of VV members are also CORSA members.  This is just a gut feel and I have nothing to back it up.

Of the 1175 members of the VV's (I'm an admin and can look up these things), I'm guessing less than 25 have said anything about the direction of CORSA in the last year.  So while the VVs probably make up ~15% of the CORSA members, the people discussing the direction of CORSA is very small.  I'm tallying the survey on the direction of CORSA for the western division and I have received many more surveys from the western division than the the total number of people on the VV's commenting on the direction of CORSA.

I'm strongly suggesting if you want to have input to the direction of CORSA, you fill out the survey and send it in.  The survey will pull a lot more weight than anything written to the VV's.  Only 5 or 6 of the CORSA BoD (just another swag) are subscribed to the VV's (all are subscribed to corsabod at corvair.org ) so a lot of what is written never gets to the CORSA decision makers.  The survey tally will be seen by all BoD members, with stats on the yes or no, like or dislike questions and all the comment type questions printed out

The BoD really wants your input please fill out the survey and send it in.

Dennis Pleau
CORSA Western Division Director> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:16:30 -0500> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org> From: carmerjr at mindspring.com> Subject: <VV> VV and CORSA membership> > Hello all, It was recently stated by a long time CORSA member that > the VV membership represented> a small minority of CORSA. I was under the impression that the > majority of VV members were CORSA members> and that the population of CORSA VV members exceeded ALL votes cast > during the last CORSA election. To discount> the validity of VV discussions when discussing the needs, health, and > future of CORSA as a viable car club is not a wise> decision. Let's discuss this valid Corvair related issue.> > Corvairly,> Chuck Armer>