<VV> Special '67's, was: LM door hinges

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 23 16:42:51 EST 2008

I prefer the term "special" because '67's ARE special. I consider them the
best LM year that was ever built, because they had the largest selection of
factory options and body styles, and almost all the model lines that were
ever offered on LM's (except the Corsa model and turbo.) They didn't have
the "features" that most Corvair owners would rather do without (like a
standard smogger).   They had (IMHO) the best bucket seats and prettiest
upholstery pattern (all but the front seats themselves were interchangable
with '66's), and, from my experience, the best running, most powerful
engines (hp ratings being "equal") of any year, for some odd reason. Yes,
some items are "special" to only the '67's. But "mongrel" they're not. It
only makes them unique, and therefore SPECIAL. :o)

-Mark ('67 lover)